The Lebanese Association for Scientific Research (LASeR) concludes the fourth edition of the Health to Community Program (H2C)
The Lebanese Association for Scientific Research LASeR held the ending ceremony of the H2C4 program at the Order of Engineers in Tripoli, in the presence of
- The President of LASeR Dr. Fawaz Al-Omar
- The CEO of LASeR Dr. Mustapha Al-Jazar
- The director of the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) Dr. Ziad Naja
- The Head of the Civil Engineers Branch in the Order of Engineers Dr. Safwan Chahal representing the president of the Order of Engineers Eng. Bahaa Harb
The ceremony started with the Lebanese National Anthem, then words from the association’s president, director of the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie, representative of the President of the Order of Engineers, and coordinator of the Youth Empowerment Program at LASeR.
The second part of the ceremony included a small on-stage performance by the students of the Young Empowered Secondary Students Program (YESS) in which they introduced each H2C team and then each team introduced themselves in front of the audience.
The four teams were:
- Fullmemory: tackled the problem of memory loss and forgetting a lot and how to face it
- هيّر لتغيّر: tackled the bad impact of deodorants on the skin and offered a natural substitute
- مَ شاعر: talked about emotional eating and how to overcome it
- بالصحة مافي عيب: talked about sexual health problems including blue balls, and the problem of pricy sanitary pads and how to make a cheaper healthy substitute.
After the part of the projects, the Youth Empowerment Program Coordinator at LASeR, Mrs. Sabah Al-Merehbi, was honored by the Programs Manager, Mrs. Zeina Awaydate, for her efforts in her work with the association.
Before the end of the ceremony, Mohamad Ali Karroum and Tahani Khallouf were awarded best participant in H2C4 and best designer in H2C4 as voted by Young Empowered Secondary Students (YESS).
At the end of the ceremony, the winning team for this year’s version of H2C was announced
بالصحة ما في عيب were the winners, the team includes:
- Malak Bayaa
- Alaa Makiyeh
- Tahani Khallouf
- Mohamad Zeiny
- Iyad Loubani
The winning team received the award on stage in the presence of the association’s president, the CEO of LASeR, the programs manager at LASeR, the staff, and the participants in the H2C4 program.