Accepting applications for the LASeR – Bucknell Teaching Assistantship Program.
After the current events in Gaza, the westerns’ interest in Arabic culture increased drastically. This program is a great opportunity to teach our native language to foreign students and promote the Arabic culture to American students.
LASeR, in partnership with Bucknell University, Pennsylvania- USA, is offering a fully-funded one-year Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship (FLTA) to brilliant young and early-career professionals in English, education, translation or any related fields.
Applicants will be placed as an assistant to a professor of the Arabic language as they will be responsible for various tasks in Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship (FLTA), and for promoting the Arabic culture to American students. In return, the applicants will have the opportunity to enhance their teaching skills, advance their English language proficiency, and deepen their understanding of the American culture and people.
In addition, the applicants will enroll in two credited courses of their choice where they will gain hands-on experience of the American education system.
The application process includes:
- Submitting the application by the 17th of December, 2023 the latest
- Interview with LASeR
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by Bucknell University
- Accepted Applicant will travel in August 2024 and return in May 2025
Duration: One academic year (August 2024- May 2025)
LASeR- Bucknell FLTA Program provides:
- On-going training in foreign language instruction
- Health insurance
- Round-trip airfare
- Tuition fees for one course per semester
- Meal plan
- Lebanese citizens residing in Lebanon
- Aged between 20-30
- Hold a BA by summer 2023 in English, education, translation or a related field
- Good academic standing
- Have 1-2 years of teaching experience (experience in Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language is a plus)
- Willing to learn
- Have leadership skills
The TA should work up to 20 hours including teaching and preparing classes, conducting cultural activities such as the Arabic table and the Arabic club, tutoring students, grading homework, office hours, etc…
- Scanned university transcripts
- CV / Resume
- 1-2 signed and/or stamped recommendation letter from a university professor or employer
- Essay questions (prompts mentioned in the application)
- Evidence of English proficiency such as TOEFL IBT score of 79, TOEFL PBT score of 550, or IELTS 6.5 (when accepted)
- Valid passport (when accepted)
For more information send us an email to email@example.com