About the program
The Lebanese Association for Scientific Research is launching a workshop about investigative journalism. The project will be divided into 3 phases:
- Training phase: Trainings and workshops offered by a team of specialized trainers, to provides trainees with basic tools and skills for investigative journalism.
- Executive phase: participants will be divided into teams, each team will select a topic related to the education sector, then prepare an investigative report, and present it at the end of the program, to a jury of expert judges.
- Internship phase: LASeR will offer an internship opportunity for the elite students in some investigative journalism institutions to provide them with on field experience and create a strong investigative journalism staff in the North.
- Media students (senior students, bachelor’s degree holders or master’s students)
- Political Science (senior students, Bachelor’s Degree Holders or Master Students)
- Law students (senior students, Bachelor’s Degree Holders or Master Students)
- Knows the basic information about the press
- Fluent in Arabic (written and read)
- Good in English (comprehension)
- Between 20 and 25 years old
- Able to attend and commit to the training
- Enthusiastic and passionate about investigative journalism
- 01 March- 15 April: Trainings offered by a specialized team, that provides trainees with basic tools and skills for investigative journalism.
- 16 April- 30 June: The executive section, where each team will select a topic related to the education sector, then prepare an investigative report+ meet the mentors to follow up on the reports
- 01 July – 30 July: Editing+ proofreading+ prepare the presentations
- 06 August: final Ceremony+ Judging (where each team will present the report, in front of a competent committee
- The final section is the internship section, where LASeR will provide the elite trainees with a professional internship opportunity, in order to apply what they learned during the workshops