About the program
YESS is an empowering program that provides academic, English and skills support for young vulnerable learners enrolled in public education and moving from grade 9 to grade 10. Students can benefit from the program right after they pass their brevet national exam and move into secondary. The program aims to avoid the drop out of school, increase students’ success rate and help them later on in their enrolment in higher education.
YESS for grade 10 is a preparatory program for secondary students, it consists of:
1- English classes: 50 hours of Basic English for better academic performance and higher chances of enrollment in public high schools.
2- Academic summer school: 100 hours of scientific subjects’ support divided into 3 bootcamps:
- Intensive Summer Bootcamp: 60 hours of academic support to prepare students for the first chapters in their grade 10 classes.
- Winter Bootcamp: 20 hours of academic support during the winter break
- Spring Bootcamp: 20 hours of support during the spring break
3- Volunteering: students will work on projects and attend 30 hours of workshops and trainings in order to enhance their leadership skills.
- Students in Tripoli or nearby of any nationality (Lebanese, Syrian and Palestinian…)
- Students who successfully completed grade nine and are now in grade ten
- Commitment to attend all the additional learning experiences and workshops required by this program