About the program
SNHU scholarship is a blended learning university scholarship program where students study on-site with Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), a US-based University, and pursue their bachelor’s degree while being in Lebanon. Our aim is to provide access to higher education programs including Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees to refugees and vulnerable learners accessing programs with a specialization in Business, Communication, and Health Care Management through LASeR.
- The program offers a full scholarship for students seeking their BA degrees in the following majors: Business, Healthcare Management, Communication.
- The duration of SNHU scholarship is up to 4 years.
- The minimum study time is 20 Hours/ Week (Online + physical presence in LASeR) Laptops and fast connection provided during the studying period.
- Students work exclusively on projects to demonstrate their mastery of the required skills. Competency-based education (CBE) is designed to develop workplace-relevant knowledge and skills.
- Rather than measuring learning by hours in the classroom, CBE measures learning by projects and assessments. Each degree program defines specific learning goals. Those goals are broken down into competencies.
- Students complete projects for review by professional educators and subject matter experts. In addition to being provided with a full variety of educational resources, they can also make use of their existing knowledge and skills to demonstrate mastery of the required competency.
- If your project shows that you have mastered the skill, you move on to the next requirement; if not, you can go back and re-submit your project as many times as it takes to master the skill.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must be:
- A student of any nationality
- Want to study on of the following majors: Business, Healthcare Management, Communication
- Able to fulfill the weekly studying time (20 hours/week)
- Obtained your highschool Diploma (including I’itilaf)
- Passed through the acceptance process.
- Application on Connected from 31/10/2020 until 22/11/2020
- Interviews + Tests from 23/11/2020 until 04/12/2020
- Results and provisional acceptance from 07/12/2020 until 08/12/2020
- It’s a fully funded scholarship
- The opportunity to participate in important workshops and take important and beneficial courses.
- Online/Offline Internships with prestigious institutions (AUB, MIT ...)
- The opportunity to participate in International conferences (Berlin, Rwanda etc…)
- Unlike traditional programs that require you to complete a certain number of credits or courses, SNHU’s CfA platform lets you earn your degree by mastering specific skills (competencies) and completing real world projects instead of taking tests.
- The time it takes to earn a degree depends on how quickly a student can successfully complete the required projects (no need to wait 3 or 4 years to graduate).
- Great employment/internships opportunity.
- The only opportunity in Lebanon to provide BA in healthcare management.
Currently we are not taking applications for the this Scholarship. A new cohort is expected to start three months from now, if you’re interested please make sure to fill the form below and our team will contact you as soon as we open applications for the next cohort!
About the contract
- Provide academic bridging, orientation, coaching sessions, and support for all participants to help them navigate the online CfA programs within the program.
- Provide career Transition and internship support for participants including cooperation with snhu employment pathways initiative
The following points summarize the last 2 years of the program:
- Seventeen students were enrolled in the first cohort of the University’ competency-based programs (CfA) which offers fully accredited competency-based college degrees.
- The second cohort for the academic year 2019-2020 includes 14 students. They should all complete 2 years’ AA (Associate Degree) and 2 years’ BA (Bachelor Degree) to graduate.
- Five outstanding students of the first cohort were already able to start their BA.
- Students who completed 90% of their competences, completed or are still in the process of completing an internship as required to graduate.
About our partner
There are more than 65 million refugees and others displaced from their homes by war and tragedy around the world, only 1% of them have access to higher education. Education is an imperative to create a life of choice, empowering refugees to transform their lives. Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) has launched the Global Education Movement (GEM), a major initiative to bring university degrees to refugees and vulnerable learners around the world.