About the training
The growing digital economy and the use of complex computer networks in modern organizations make the need for a person in charge of the maintenance and management of the system and/or network a must. This program aims at providing trainees the technical knowledge that is currently in demand for a system and network associate. The training sessions will be programmed in a way to fit into the trainees schedule (mostly university students). The trainee will graduate in less than 2 years with the needed skills to start building a career in ICT technology. The Training will be delivered online via Zoom.
Besides the technical skills taught in the program and, in order to increase the chance for trainees to get a job and to success and promote in their job, the program will also include a set of Technical English courses and soft skills that are necessary for professional success (employability, communication, business skills, design thinking, …).
The program incorporates three tracks: “System Associate”, “Network Specialist” and “Security Professional”, each of them offering a subset of the skills targeted throughout the program and that can be followed independently of each other.
Track 1: System Associate
- The internal components and assembly of a computer system.
- Install and understand operating systems on computers and mobile devices.
- Connect to the Internet and share resources in a networked environment.
- Troubleshoot using system tools and diagnostic software.
- System Configurations.
- Install and Upgrade Client Systems.
- Manage Applications, Files, Folders and Devices.
- System Maintenance.
- Administrative techniques and tools in Windows Server 2019.
- Configure networking, file servers, storage and virtualization.
- Security features, Remote Desktop and Web Services.
- Service and performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Upgrades and migration related to AD DS, and storage.
- Understanding Linux and Basics of the Command Line.
- Linux Virtual Machine with step-by-step and hands-on lab activities.
- Build foundational knowledge for progressively mastering Linux commands.
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
Track 2: Network Specialist
- Configure switches and end devices.
- Configure routers to enable end-to-end connectivity between remote devices.
- Create IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes.
- The OSI model and network applications.
- Configure a small network with security best practices.
- Troubleshoot connectivity in a small network.
- Configure and troubleshoot VLANs and Inter-VLAN routing.
- Configure and troubleshoot redundancy on a switched network.
- Dynamic addressing and first-hop redundancy protocols.
- Configure WLANs using a WLC and L2 security.
- Configure switch security to mitigate LAN attacks.
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 static routing on routers.
- Configure single-area OSPFv2.
- Implement standard IPv4 ACLs.
- Configure NAT services on the edge router to provide IPv4 address scalability.
- Scalable networks configuration, optimization, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Implementing QoS in networking devices.
- Implement protocols to manage the network.
Track 3: Security Professional
- The need for and importance of cybersecurity.
- Characteristics and operation of a cyber-attack.
- Privacy safeguard and devices protection from threats.
- Techniques to protect organizations from cyber-attacks.
- Behavior-based approach to cybersecurity.
- Legal and ethical issues in cybersecurity.
- Understand security controls for networks, servers and applications.
- Learn valuable security principles and how to develop compliant policies.
- Implement proper procedures for data confidentiality and availability.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer.
- Understand cybersecurity operations network principles, roles, and responsibilities.
- Learn about the related technologies, tools, regulations, and available frameworks.
- Apply knowledge and skills to monitor, detect, investigate, analyze, and respond to security incidents.
- Network intrusion analysis and Security policies and procedures.
LASeR does not aim to make profit from the trainings it offers. Therefore, the course fees are limited to the trainers’ wages, which minimizes the cost to students. In addition, LASeR offers the option of paying the fees in monthly installments.
The cost is related to the number of students registered for the course and will range as follows (the difference between the tracks is due to the difference between the number of hours taught in each of them):
Track 1: 1,400,000 – 1,900,000 LBP
Track 2: 1,300,000 – 1,700,000 LBP
Track 3: 900,000 – 1,200,000 LBP
Trainees with difficult financial situations can submit a request for financial aid to LASeR by filling the financial aid application below!
The curriculum is appropriate for students at universities, colleges, career and technical schools, or professionals who are seeking jobs in the ICT industry or hope to fulfill prerequisites to pursue more specialized ICT skills.
Students should have a computer and a proper Internet connection.
About the partnership
The program is launched in partnership with Consolidated Consultancy Group – CCG http://ccg-lb.com/ specialized in IT infrastructure and services. We’re now preparing to launch the first cohort and therefore we ask all interested students and professionals to fill the registration form to provide us with the data we need to start.
No, that is not required as the curriculum was made to allow non-university students to attend it.
There are no formal prerequisites as the syllabus taught in the course contains the information needed to pass its relevant Cisco exam. Therefore, it is sufficient for the trainee to get acquainted with the exam topics by attending the training sessions and accompanying exercises before taking it, in addition to having a minimum knowledge of the English language in order to be able to understand the exam questions.
Yes, there are some examples on the Cisco website that a student can use after registering within the LASeR Academy, as well as samples that can be found on the Internet (some links will be placed on the course’s website).
Yes, provided that the necessary effort be made to understand and apply the curriculum’s content and to solve the sample questions available within the Academy and on the Internet.
No, but it will be an online exam with multiple choice questions (MCQ).
You will receive a course attending certificate from the LASeR Training and Development Center as well as certificates from Cisco Academy for the courses and/or paths you’ve completed during the course.
The skills acquired during the training and the certificates granted at its end, increase the trainee’s opportunity to obtain a job in the fields related to the training’s topics (systems, networks and information security) inside and outside Lebanon, in addition to improving their career development and promotion in their workplace. They can also establish their own company or work as a freelancer.
Yes, as it will be issued by the official LASeR Academy licensed by Cisco.
Cisco makes available to students enrolled in its academies a wide range of resources (videos, slides, documents and applications) to assist them in the training process and to ensure their success in it.
An elite group of specialized professors and/or engineers with field experience and certified by Cisco will teach the course and follow up the students to ensure they get the required skills (both theoretically and practically) to pass the exam.
No. Whoever completed the course can rather work on their own directly with people and companies that need skills in systems and networks administration and information security without the need for an intermediary company.